Saturday, October 17, 2015

Korea Life: Coffee Shops

I had a given up drinking coffee on a regular basis about a year ago. I had switched it for green tea. But it is so hard not to be a coffee drinker in Korea. Why? Because there are cute little coffee shops EVERYWHERE! Down every road, on every corner I find them. The cutest, most welcoming coffee shops that say "Come in, Have a sweet latte." How can I resist the coffee shops. Yes I know they serve non coffee beverages, but I do love the taste of coffee. So it is hard for me to go to a coffee shop and not get a latte.

In Houston, we have Starbucks everywhere. And most starbucks look exactly the same, with a few minor difference. But the menus are the same and the people look the same. But here there are so many small, local shops. All of them have different drinks and items, all of them look so different. It is absolutely wonderful. I have fallen in love with all my local shops and a new one just opened up two doors down from me that I am dying to try.

It may not be healthy, but it is relaxing. I love a warm cup of coffee and the weather is only getting cooler. I know in winter I will really appreciate all the coffee shops being so close to warm me up.

It is also nice to have the fresh coffee, because most of the coffee in the stores is instant coffee. The instant coffee here is good. But after drinking it all week, it is so nice to have a fresh cup of coffee at a cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment