Monday, June 29, 2015

Health: Clothes I *NEVER* Want to Have to Wear Again

During this weight loss journey I have had to go through tons of clothes. Some I was more than willing to get rid of when the time came and some I still miss terribly. When I was obese I started to really find my rhythm, style wise. I was finding out what sort of clothes I liked and the type of person I wanted to portray through clothes. I really started to create a wardrobe I loved. The problem was that a lot of the clothes I liked didn't fit me. And then when I started to lose weight, I have been losing my style for necessity. So now that I am getting closer to my goal weight, I am making a list of clothes/items I NEVER want to have to wear again.

1) Leggings as Pants

I know. I know. I KNOW! A lot of woman wear leggings as pants, a lot of woman love leggings as pants. When you have to wear leggings as pants because all your pants are too big and you are only 40 lbs deep into a 100 lb weight loss journey. Well, you start to despise leggings. I like pants, I like jeans, I like slacks. I want to wear those and not have to wear leggings. I don't mind leggings to work out, I don't mind leggings on cold days with boots and a dress. I do mind leggings every day because you have no pants that properly fit.

2) Plus Size Clothes

Don't get me wrong, as I mentioned my fashion stride really started when I was wearing plus size clothes. Technically, currently I am wearing a plus sized top because I don't have many shirts at the moment. Unfortunately though, the selection and style in the plus size section is not there. The clothes never tend to fit right and they always cost more. This is definitely more of a selection and price thing rather than a size thing.

3) Jeans that Sag in the Butt

Last week I got rid of my last pair of big pants. The weight in my butt went first because I naturally have nothing in the back. It is a very, very sad fact. So as soon as I started losing weight, my jeans started sagging in the butt. Every pair, all the time. Then as I got down further and further, I didn't know it was possible, but it got smaller again. The aforementioned last pair was a pair of jeggings in the size XL. It fit alright in the hips, but the butt looked like a diaper. I couldn't take it any longer, I broke down and bought some cheapo jeans from Wal-Mart. 

4) Accent Belts

There is nothing wrong with an accent belt. However, when you are bigger you like to accentuate the smallest part of yourself. My waist was always a lot smaller than my hips, so I used to belts on almost all of my clothes. It always felt like a cop out, because I thought I didn't look "as big" if I had the belt showing my smallest part. I added them to everything, until I was completely tired of them. And right now I am having to add them to all my clothes again, because everything is too big. I want to wear the belt because I want to, not because I have to.

5) Empire Waist-ed Everything

This kind of relates to number four. A lot of plus sized clothes are made in the cinched at the waist form. Which is still flattering on my frame, but literally all my clothes. Everything tied or cinched in there or I belted it. As I mentioned it was my smallest part, so I tried to make sure that people could see I was small somewhere. Nothing against the style. I still like it, but I don't want every piece of clothing to be in that style anymore. 

6) Granny Panties

They do not make cute underwear in large sizes. They do not make cute underwear in large sizes. You are left with only granny panties. My underwear were not cute and they were huge. Before I gained weight I only wore frilly girly panties. Giving those up because none fit anymore was the worst. And now in the interim, I don't want to waist money on undies that won't fit in a few months. So I'm still in the granny panties, but now the butt sags to the back of my knees. I have never felt more sexy in my life (please read the sarcasm oozing from that sentence).

These are just a few of the pieces/style of clothing that I never want to go back to wearing. A large amount of people that lose weight gain it back. I was unfortunately part of that statistic. But now that I am going down again, I plan on staying there. This is a list of inspiration for me to keep maintaining and staying healthy. Some may totally agree with this list, some may lynch me for it. But these are the things that I could not/cannot wait to stop wearing during my weight loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment